Reflexology is a specific pressure technique applied to the feet where all the internal body structures and organs are mapped or mirrored in miniature.
On the feet are reflex points which correspond to different organs of the body and by pressing or working on one of these points the corresponding organ is affected.
If crystals or tenderness is felt in a certain area it is an indication of a blockage or imbalance in the corresponding organ or body parts.
Crystals are waste deposits made up of excess calcium and uric acid that builds up when the metabolism is not working correctly. The reflexologist will spend time working on these crystals and sensitive areas using the thumbs and sometimes fingers to help release the blockages and break down the deposits so they can be eliminated by the body.
Reflexology is a safe non-invasive and a relaxing treatment. Its aim is to help the body to heal itself and to maintain a balanced state of health.
- Reduces stress and induces deep relaxation
- Improves nerve functioning and blood supply throughout the body
- Help with emotional problems for e.g. anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia
- Boosts the immune system to help prevent colds, flu and infection
- Helps with numerous women’s issues from PMS, infertility, pregnancy to menopausal symptoms
- Helps the digestive system and helps ease symptoms of IBS
- Eases headaches and migraines
- Helps the respiratory system, eases the symptoms of asthma, bronchitis and helps remove mucus build up with its expectorants qualities
- Aids the elimination of toxins and waste products so that toxins do not have a chance to build up to harmful levels in the liver, kidneys or bowel
- Revitalises energy by relaxing and opening up energy pathways
- Stimulates creativity and productivity. Reflexology restores mental alertness and improves the attention span by reducing tension and calming the mind
- Normalises the body functioning and balances the whole system. For the body to be healthy, everything must work together